Sgro & Roger
Have you Fallen at a Night Club & been Injured?
Las Vegas patrons that are injured in a slip-and-fall accident in a nightclub may be able to sue the following for negligence:
1. The staff member(s) who failed to clean up a spill or failed to place warning regarding the slippery surface,
2. The owner of the nightclub, and/or
3. The club patron whose spill created the slippery surface.
Slip-and-fall victims may recover compensatory damages for medical bills, lost earning capacity, pain and suffering and for lost wages. Depending on the circumstances, the court may award punitive damages. In a case involving the death of a patron, the patron’s family may pursue a wrongful death claim.
A night club may be held liable for injuries caused by employee negligence when:
1. The actor at issue was an employee at the time of the incident, and
2. The employee was acting within the course and scope of his employment.
Nevada nightclubs are usually not liable in a case where one of their employees intentionally causes a person to slip and fall but the nightclub may retain liability if it was negligent in the hiring process or in the training or supervision of their employees.
Even if the victim was partially to blame for the slip-and-fall, he or she may still be entitled to compensation as long as he or she was no more than fifty percent liable for the incident. The amount of the victim’s damages would be lessened by the extent which the victim is found to be liable.
If you are a victim of a slip-and-fall, contact Sgro & Roger at 702.384.9800 today for a free consultation.